When the Eggentaler Strasse was built in 1860, it was clear-cut that Josef Wiedenhofer would be appointed Postmaster because of the ideal location of his inn.
The need to provide shelter for horses and food and accommodation to the few travellers, led in 1875 to the foundation of the “Zum Goldenen Rößl” (To the Little Golden Stallion) inn.
From as early as 1890 to the First World War guests came to the freshness of summer from all over Europe, including the nobility from the Austrian Empire, Russia and England.
Besides running the large farm, every generation made numerous conversions and additions, including the construction of a large annex in 1904, a tennis court in 1923, an open-air swimming pool in 1960 and an indoor swimming pool in 1966.
The pioneering spirit of the Wiedenhofer family has largely put its stamp on the history of tourism in the Eggentall and the “Karersee” region Then, as now, the “Romantik Hotel Post Weisses Rößl” (White Horse Inn) represents an exemplary enterprise; even the farm is still run, only now for breeding horses and as a stables for guests.